8/21/05

Inspiration

WOW! What an exciting weekend! I spent most of Saturday with the talented Mara Thomas at the Fabulous Fiber Fest in Santa Monica. She taught the Freeform Crochet class last year that my mom and I had so much fun at. This year she concentrated on Artist Trading Cards, altered books and collage art among other things. We talked and compared notes about our "spirited" little ones. I bought some wonderful buttons and fibers (hand-dyed bits of lace and yarn) I even got the urge to paint (see Horse below).

Here's my first ATC:



Sorry my picture is not that clear. I will experiment on better capturing techniques.

Here's my card for Mara:

2 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

Those are wonderful. I love making ATC's. Glad you had fun!

Mara Thomas said...

You're a natural! You made my day hanging out. Hope to see you soon. Hugs!
Mara