7/23/07

Summertime


I finally feel like I can come up for air. I finished my Anatomy class (and earned an "A" to boot) but it has taken a bit of a toll on me. I have tried to focus on the kids and getting them to various summertime pursuits. Mike just finished his month long surfing lessons. Before that he had just finished with baseball. Everything and time just seems to meld into one another.

Sarah went to a week-long overnight camp and wasn't even homesick. I know that's a good thing but I sure missed her...She even won 2nd place in the archery contest for her cabin. She is now the proud owner of a silver arrow missing some of its feathers.

Paige is swimming like a little fish (or a mermaid if you ask her). She also lost her first tooth. Her teeth are pretty crooked so she has a hole right in the middle of her mouth. Unfortunately, she was so freaked out about losing it that she wouldn't let us touch her or her little tooth hanging on by a thread of her gum. She swallowed it during the night and had to write a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened. Luckily, the Tooth Fairy is an understanding gal and promptly paid the going rate for a first tooth lost: $1

Tiger likes to hang out on the roof. Ever since Mike "rescued" him, the cat has learned to protect us from all types of things, mostly flies and bugs. A few weeks ago, he presented me with not one, but two dead baby birds on my front porch. Very proud of himself I might add. The girls were quite torn up about it. I guess that means the end to our bird feeder outside Paige's window. I feel pretty guilty. Kind of like I invited the birds in to their doom...

Some recent finished projects:

2 baby blankets: one for Stitches, one for a friend

Easy Breezy blanket made in an worsted weight yarn in an older colorway by Caron








Diagonal Baby blanket made using Bernat Baby Coordinates. Pattern found free on their website..

No comments: