2/4/07

Kaleidoscope


Believe it or not, I have been doing some crochet. This blanket was made with lots of scraps. I put all the scraps in a black bag and when I added a new round, I would just pull a new color out of the bag. Whatever color it was, I had to use it. The pattern is Kaleidoscope Afghan from "Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs: 40 Prize Winning Designs." I will probably not be entering into any fairs but I feel like I do deserve a ribbon just for weaving in all these ends. My daughter, Sarah is the proud owner of this afghan.

(Click on the picture if you would like to see the blanket up close.)

4 comments:

Karla said...

You ought to enter it in a Fair! It looks beautiful! Now see, I don't have the courage to just pick out a color and HAVE to use it. But after seeing what the technique did for you, I might have the courage to try it, too.

It really DOES look awesome! Really!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Really Stunning! Nice job!!

Slicer said...

That looks amazing! I might have to take a look at that pattern! I love it!

Unknown said...

My gosh, beautiful!!